- 24% increase in overall B2C revenue
- 190% increase in internet-generated sales
- 46% increase in ‘Interstate’ sales
- 24% increase in ‘Local’ sales
- 18% increase in ‘Storage’ sales
- 32% increase in insurance sales
- 62% increase in ‘Removals’ leads
- 185% increase in ‘Storage’ leads
- 34% decrease in cost per lead
- 126% improvement in online reputation
As a 73-year Australian icon, Kent Removals & Storage has become the largest national Australian headquartered relocation and removals company, providing a full suite of relocation, removal and storage services to the corporate and private markets throughout Australia, and abroad.
Pepe Pietropaolo General Manager International Kent Relocation Services
Delivering a staggering 20+% increase in revenue and 30+% increase in insurance sales, he delivered incredible value and consistently exceeded expectation in everything he did.
Vanessa Heuser former Head of Corporate Services Kent Relocation Services
A unique talent to redesign existing and create new systems and processes that increase lead-gen and improve conversion to drive strong ROI and improved market share.
Michael Daniels Regional Manager Queensland & Newcastle Kent Removals & Storage
Gallup’s programs and initiatives were exceptional and helped transform Kent to become a market leader in the Relocation's industry.
Lisa Fink General Manager Mobility Kent Relocation Services
Gallup delivered exceptional value to our organisation, resulting in substantial growth not seen before. An outstanding asset to any organisation.
Rob Sims former Southern Regional and Strategic Development Manager Kent Removals & Storage
Proved you can teach an old dog like me new tricks.
"It is rare for an executive to arrive at a company with promises to deliver on an exciting new technology base, and then not only delivers but exceeds all expectations.
Delivering a staggering 20+% increase in revenue, and 30+% increase in insurance sales in a new product he formulated and devised a new sales training platform for, Robert delivered incredible value to the company. And his management, marketing and b2b/b2c sales training and development skills are world-class.
Robert Gallup is a man of immense integrity with a work ethic to match, and consistently exceeds expectation in everything that he does."
"I have had the pleasure of working directly with Robert for the last year and a half and his tremendous and endless abilities never cease to amaze me.
He possesses a unique talent to redesign existing and create new systems and processes that increase lead generation, better qualify leads, and improve conversion rates to ultimately drive strong ROI and improved market share.
Robert's ability to engender and implement change in the business is unique as he engages all stakeholders throughout the entire process to ensure buy-in and that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
His strategic planning, management skills and agility to quickly change tactics when required, coupled with his ability to establish an excellent rapport with all stakeholders, allows him to consistently exceed his targets.
As a leader, Robert inspires and is an excellent coach/mentor who leads, by example, a high performing team."
"Robert’s ‘sales and marketing’ program was exceptional. His initiatives helped transform Kent into a market leader.
His complete rebrand of the company from tag lines to trucks looked fantastic, and was a real improvement in how we are perceived in the corporate and private markets.
He dramatically increased private market inquiry and lead generation and he continuously improved systems to make the leads of a better quality, more qualified at much lower cost.
He also built and delivered a great sales training program which improved our customer service and sales conversion.
The new insurance product which Robert was instrumental in designing was a game-changer for us.
Overall Robert’s programs were exceptional and helped Kent become a market leader in the Relocation's industry."
"During the period that Robert worked at Kent his B2B and B2C sales and marketing strategies and execution resulted in substantial growth not seen before within the Kent Removals and Storage business.
Whether creating and implementing integrated digital marketing strategies and industry-leading webquote systems, successfully recreating our insurance product and sales process, creating effective trade events and coaching our BDMs to engage, qualify and convert better, or engaging our senior leadership team in management training to improve our own performance and leadership, Robert delivered exceptional value to our organisation.
I feel fortunate to have worked with Robert, and as a result the skill sets he has taught me and his ability to empower, coach and lead by example will further enhance my own career moving forward.
Robert would be an outstanding asset to any organisation."
"I had the pleasure of working with Robert for nearly two years and was impressed with his dynamic and energetic approach to sales and marketing strategies and implementation. A very strong builder and leader of teams and great management style. Proved you can teach an old dog like me new tricks."
Post-GFC stagnant sales was the impetus to engage Gallup to create and implement a national digital marketing strategy to increase removals’ internet-generated revenue. Soon the scope increased to provide comprehensive strategy, planning, direction, management and implementation of the removals and storage divisions’ branding, marketing and sales functions to increase overall company revenue.
Kent Removals & Storage’s initial high-level goals were:
25% annual increase in internet-generated sales
10% annual increase in overall B2C revenue
Soon thereafter a multitude of additional branding, marketing and sales goals were defined.
Gallup and his team developed a number of strategic solutions, and implemented a broad range of integrated branding, marketing and sales initiatives to not only achieve, but surpass Kent’s goals.
High-level Strategies – We created comprehensive fully-integrated branding, marketing and sales strategies to achieve high-level goals, including detailed initiatives, schedule, budget and measurable KPIs.
Intelligence – We derived actionable insights from the research, measurement and analysis of Kent’s, and their primary competitor’s, existing brand, awareness, perception and positioning.
Communication – Redefined Kent’s overarching mission, vision and values, and then purpose, promise, differentiation, positioning, mantra and identity for each of its B2C and B2B divisions.
Identity – Created and implemented a complete company-wide national rebrand, which included:
- Creating compelling separate but complimentary brand identity, key value propositions, imagery and tag lines for all its divisions
- Replacing all existing, and created new traditional and digital sales and marketing assets, uniforms, fleet, signage, and packaging material
- Creating robust brand management and communication policies and procedures, including detailed and rigorously managed brand guidelines and archives.
Perception – To strengthen and amplify Kent’s brand perception we engineered and drove extensive national multi-channel reputation management and improvement programs, which included:
- Staging and leveraging state and national public relations/media events
- An integrated ‘review nurture and leverage’ solution that automatically managed the acquisition, posting, distribution and amplification of ‘removals’ service reviews
- Generating and leveraging various awards and accolades across various digital and traditional channels.
Intelligence – Created extensive marketing intelligence initiatives, which included:
- Identifying all critical company marketing KPIs, analytics and competitor metrics, and then creating and/or installing the necessary measurement mechanisms
- Engineering and building an organisation-wide business intelligence dashboard to measure, monitor and report company KPIs and competitor metrics.
Digital – Created comprehensive fully-integrated multi-channel digital marketing program that included:
- Market and competitor disrupting national and hyper-localised organic search, PPC, UX and conversion optimised websites
- Sophisticated, highly organic search and conversion optimised referral websites and citations
- Exceptionally conversion and ROI optimised online advertising campaigns
- Diverse reputation management, social media, PR and content marketing campaigns
- Regular strong performing electronic direct mail (eDM) marketing campaigns.
Traditional – Produced highly ROI-driven sales and marketing collateral, ATL, BTL and TTL advertising, sponsorship, direct marketing, PR and media events, including:
- Creative, compelling and highly effective sales and marketing collateral
- Fully leveraged national sponsorship opportunities
- Informative, engaging and persuasive video content and advertising
- Definitive and exceptionally valuable moving guides, checklists and other resources as the keystone to successful content marketing initiatives
- Various successful direct mail (DM) campaigns.
Technology – Utilised leading-edge marketing automation, website development, analytics and optimisation technology that included:
- Creating a highly search engine and conversion optimised websites, featuring an industry first online instant ‘fixed price’ removals quoting mechanism
- Custom development of a CRM integrated lead management and optimisation platform, as well as an organisation-wide business intelligence dashboard to measure, monitor and report sales and marketing KPIs and competitor metrics.
Intelligence – Extensive sales intelligence initiatives included:
- Identifying all critical company sales team KPIs, company performance and competitor pricing, and then creating and/or installing the necessary measurement mechanisms
- Creating comprehensive business intelligence dashboard to real-time monitor, analyse and performance manage sales teams.
B2C Sales – Created and implemented integrated B2C sales solutions, which included:
- Completely recreating, rewriting and replacing Kent’s insurance product and collateral; as well as producing an effective insurance sales training program
- Custom creating and implementing a unified 3-pillar national customer service and sales improvement program that included extensive training and development, stringent performance management systems and processes, and improved recruitment and retention policies.
Technology – Implemented best-practice sales lead generation, nurturing, conversion, analytics and training technology, as well as custom developed and integrated industry-specific CRM and CMS solutions, which included:
- Creating and delivering nationally a custom online, multi-media, user interactive sales training and development platform
- Developing exceptionally high performing desktop and mobile lead converting websites through the expertise and utilisation of leading-edge web development and sales conversion optimisation technologies.
High-level Goals vs. Results
Kent Removals & Storage’s high-level goals versus results were:
Annual increase in internet-generated revenue; Goal = 25% vs. Actual Result = 190%
Annual increase in overall B2C revenue; Goal = 10% vs. Actual Result = 24%.
Additional branding, marketing and sales results are outlined below.
Communication – Successfully redefined Kent’s mission, vision, values, purpose, promise, differentiation, positioning, mantra and identity for each of its B2C and B2B divisions.
Identity results included:
- Successfully created new, or rebranded over 1000 pieces of sales, marketing and operational assets, collateral, stationery, packaging and communications, as well as thousands of vehicles, containers, uniforms and signage across 12 locations nationally
- We created and implemented robust brand management and communication policies and procedures, including detailed and rigorously managed brand guidelines and archives.
Perception – 126% improvement in average online reputation (from 2.1 stars to 4.76 stars out of 5), and then leveraged results across a multitude of online platforms.
Intelligence – Engineered, built and integrated a comprehensive organisation-wide business intelligence dashboard to measure, monitor and provide actionable insights from over 100 real-time sales and marketing KPIs and competitor metrics.
Digital – Created a comprehensive fully-integrated multi-channel national digital marketing program that delivered market and competitor disrupting results:
- 62% annual increase in ‘Removals’ leads
- 185% annual increase in ‘Storage’ leads
- 34% annual decrease in cost per lead
- (See details within slides above).
Traditional – Produced creative, compelling and highly effective collateral, ATL, BTL and TTL advertising, sponsorship, direct marketing, trade and media events.
Technology – Utilised leading-edge marketing automation, analytics and optimisation technology, as well as custom developed and integrated industry-specific CRM and CMS solutions to significantly increase lead generation and sales conversion.
Intelligence –The identification and measurement of all national sales KPIs, integrated into a comprehensive business intelligence dashboard to real-time monitor, analyse and performance manage sales teams was integral to a 24% overall increase in B2C sales and 32% increase in insurance sales.
B2C Sales – 62% and 185% annual increase in removals and storage leads (respectively), coupled with a rebuilt insurance product, the creation and implementation of a national customer service, sales training and performance management program drove:
- 190% annual increase in internet-generated sales
- 24% annual increase in overall B2C sales
- 32% annual increase in insurance sales
- 46% annual increase in ‘Interstate’ sales
- 24% annual increase in ‘Local’ sales
- 18% annual increase in ‘Storage’ sales
- (See details within slides above).
Technology – Significantly improved customer service, sales revenue and consistent scalability nationally by implementing best-practice sales lead generation, nurturing, conversion, analytics and training technology, as well as custom developing and integrating industry-specific CRM and CMS solutions. A few examples include:
- Developed exceptionally high performing desktop and mobile lead converting websites through the expertise and utilisation of leading-edge web development and sales conversion optimisation technologies
- Created and delivered nationally a custom online, multi-media, user interactive customer service/sales training and development platform
- Developed a CRM integrated lead management, prioritisation and sales optimisation platform.